View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #3555
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
I know it’s a very controversial topic but Glocks and ND’s come up way to often. I know many thousands carry Glocks without incident on the job but it does seem to happen more with the make both civilians and LE. Myself I prefer DA/SA( Sig and Beretta specifically) and that’s what I carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Having seen Glocks launched down range, dropped on the street, in the office, at the proving station, etc. I have a lot of faith in their internal safety. My point is really, carry what you like, don't switch it up and practice because when things are going for a shit so will most of what you think you'll do and you will rely on familiarity and muscle memory. But what do I know, this is just my two cents.
Most of the Glock NDs involve re-holstering, or simply the operator not keeping his finger off of the bang switch.

I personally have found that I don't enjoy shooting Glocks, and I don't carry something I don't shoot.

I either carry a Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster, or a 1911 in crossbreed, very rarely a 1911 in an outside the belt holster.
Appreciate 0