BradZ4MC
B
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M coupe

Garage List
2005 BMW 330ci  [0.00]
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [7.00]
Here is another way to attach the reinforcement plate without welding. I was going to weld it as I did not feel only epoxy would be as strong over time and many track days. Then I came up with this idea as I have nutserts and an installer that I have used on other projects. I am also going to epoxy the plates before the final install. I was looking at the existing holes beside the studs and decided to put 2 nutserts in those holes and sink 3/8 tapered bolts into the plate, after I got that done I figured why not put a third one in and drill a new hole. I had to drill the holes to 17/32 for the 3/8 . The 8mm nutserts I have we're too small for the existing holes. I used 1/4" steel 4 3/4 x 2". I made two patterns with cardboard cut the size of the plates and drilled my stud holes after the nutserts were installed. I imprinted the placement of the nutserts holes by coloring them with a paint pen and quickly pushed the cardboard which fits tight on the studs for a pattern. There are probably better ways to do that but it worked for me. The placement needs to be vey close for the tapered bolts to sit down flat. I used transfer punches and the cardboard pattern to get my drill placement right. I do own a machine shop so I drilled and cut the 80 degree tapper on a mill and I them slightly recessed the back where the rim of the nutserts would hold the plate up. I will take a pic of the back when I get one off. I have it mocked up doing cooling ducts for the brakes now. Thank you Westersund for 3D printing pieces for our cars. Added a pic of the new MCS suspension cause it is freaking awesome looking. I need four more front coil overs, camber plates and a thick piece of glass to make a very expensive coffee table.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
WickedNy225.00
Finnegan703.00