View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Given the structural rigidity of the MZ4 Coupe, it is probably STIFFER in a roll-over accident than an E36 M3 with a full cage. Just a thought.

And no, unlike the Z3 coupe the Z4 coupes do not have roof rails and roof-racks as you see on the other cars can not be installed. There's a BMW optional hitch rack that installs onto the bumper support in the rear bumper but that pretty much means absolutely no visibility out the back in the Z4 Coupe since the hitch is covered up.

As a track car, the Z4 Coupe is still RUN WHAT YOU BRING. Meaning wheels and tires should be mounted on the car, and what you leave the house with, will most likely be what you drive with on the track. At least, that's been my experience.

With modern day extreme high performance summer tires being so close in performance, and sometimes exceeding last generation R-Comps in lateral grip, I could live with driving to the track on my Toyo R1-Rs and using them there, and when I come home I swap my OEM rims back with Michelins.
Appreciate 0