View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #91
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm in the same situation. I have Engineering, Maintenance, IT as I'm the only one that has A+ and Network + certification....and a few different Cisco router certs. By now I could have finished the MSCE certification. Plus we have an old Siemens phone server that still runs by Telnet....and I'm the only one with that and Nortel experience.

But once they found out I was proficient in SAP and Chempax, I also got a lot of the purchasing and receiving dumped in my lap.

But that was my own fault. I'm OCD with numbers, so everything I do is documented to the extreme with account cost centers, invoice numbers, receivers, and thorough descriptions.

Once corporate found that out, they want me doing it as they don't have to go back and correct something someone else entered wrong.

I find it odd that the company president comes to me looking for each months KPI's when we have a financial guy at our facility with a VP title.

So I'm everyone else's backup, but I have no backup myself. I have 4 weeks of vacation a year. I maybe get to use 2 weeks. 1 week for the beach, and 1 week that I take in odd days here and there when I need to take a day for a personal reason.

And I can always expect a backlog when I come back to the office.
You and I are so much alike it's scary. I feel like OCD doesn't quite cover it, there needs to be another level to it; perhaps OCD+.

Although I do have a background in network installation and data, I do not have the certs that you do. I have all 20 little fingers and toes in everything that I possibly can. I know enough about everything to be somewhat proficient but definitely not a master.

I'm also our facilities unofficial IT guy. If there is a pc issue I am contacted before IT.

Also like you, no one here is able to be my back up as my everyday is different and no project is handled in the same fashion. Apparently being flexible, quick and knowing what needs to be done versus doing the same mundane things day in/day out isn't common. This is what makes us different. Hell, my only back up is my boss and there are times that he comes to me for advice. I'm constantly asking him where his maintenance guys are with tasks so I know how to proceed with scheduling and the logistics of the projects that I'm working on.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8221.00
MKSixer34188.50