View Single Post
      08-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Wow, as usual, a wonderful set of photos and history to go along with them! Thank you for sharing these!

I find it striking how changes in technology and other economic forces have driven areas through cycles of expansion, success, and eventual decline as newer technology comes on this scene. These cycles seem to come up a lot in the history behind the pictures....and as we see today with technology and other economic forces pushing jobs overseas, these cycles continue and are a driving force in human history....

The way nature takes back over quickly is fascinating. In some ways the photo shoots remind me of detailed view of "Life After People".

In any case, thanks for taking us along with you as the shots and story are both beautiful, entertaining, and educational!
Finn,

Thanks for your interesting insight regarding history and technological change. And thanks, too, for the fascinating website with its assessment of how various buildings and other famous objects will fare "after people." Really well done.

Rick
Appreciate 0