View Single Post
      04-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #431
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I'm starting to think it's all bs and "skinny" people either just don't eat at all and lie about it or they are npc's in this matrix.

I did low carb with IF and lost around 15 lbs then stopped losing. I did feel better so I kept going regardless, nothing. I then decided to cut out lunch, so my first meal was around 1pm and it was breakfast, always the same thing, 2 eggs, sometimes with ham or mushrooms and some turkey bacon. Then I would eat dinner typically before 8pm and usually protein (chicken, steak, pork) with veggies. I was also hiking 1.5-2 miles maybe every other day and working outside cutting wood, trimming stuff most of the day most days. I did this for maybe a month or two... did not lose a single pound. I'm sorry, but it doesn't make any sense how I can go from that to not doing any exercise, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, eating whatever I want (including a ton of rice), typically having seconds and the difference is 15lbs????

I still try to be low carb as it does seem to help me a lot with inflammation, but weight loss, that shit's fake news!
Haven't been following the previous post.
Anyway, don't you think if you've been doing intermittent fasting your body may be conserving fat / mass to maintain the balances it has become accustomed to ?

What would you guess the length of time it takes for a change in diet or eating habits to show long term results ? six-months or six-years ?

Finally, does anyone really know what kind of diet works ? Or what constitutes an ideal diet ?

Anyway, keep trying new things. Keep experimenting with foods and exercise. And don't take as fact any one thing concerning diet and exercise and rely on your intuition and assess your wellbeing. Individuals can accomplish remarkable results.
Appreciate 1