View Single Post
      05-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
15 min. ago , I was reading a Dutch article regarding Helmut Marko's latest comment after Q3 !

I'll try to translate the Dutch article to English ..

Marko cynical after qualifying in Portugal: •"Mercedes is very sporty" !!!

MAX saw his first fastest time in the third part of qualifying. It meant that the Dutchman had to work hard again in the final phase, although that run did not go as desired. In addition to the bad track conditions, according to MAX, this was due to traffic, in particular to Sebastian Vettel in the third sector. Before that, Norris had already heard over the on-board radio that MAX was on his way: "MAX still has to set a time, don't give him any presents," McLaren whispered in his ear from the pit wall.

Helmut Marko turned out not to be pleased with that message and even suspects control by Mercedes, which supplies McLaren and Aston Martin with engines. "During the second run, Lando Norris was told not to help MAX, very sporty from the Mercedes team ...", Marko says somewhat cynically to the Austrian Servus TV. "After that, Vettel was of course also very busy keeping his own car on the track ... Anyway, it was pretty unfortunate."
It's good you put that on and it figures in that blocking Max by other Merc supplied teams would hinder him in some way. I've always said that dirty tricks can play a role coming into play but it's good at least that Checo is there with Max to have a sporting chance at raining on their parade.
That Max had Alb last season who was rarely up there yet managed to win two races without back up shows a true Senna talent.
Appreciate 1