Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
I agree but because im 19, everyone is a douche to me there and im not worth the time of day
Ask yourself this question - does the person who gave it to you have the means to gift someone an $8K+ wristwatch? What was the occasion for the gift?

Sorry for being direct, but "this was a gift" is a trope used over and over on the watch forums when someone is trying to pass off a fake. I'm not saying that applies to you, I'm just describing the motivation behind my post.

At the very least it is almost certainly an aftermarket DLC job on a genuine watch - which Rolex will not be happy with, should you send it in for service or warranty. There is a company in the UK - Titan Black - that is currently modifying/selling new DLC'd Subs. Seems to me there was another company doing it a few years ago in the UK, as well. There is a company called MAD Paris that is doing it, too, but they print "MAD" on the dials when they modify them.
I understand where you're coming from and i believe was told it was a DLC watch. My dad is vice president and general manager of a manufacturing company and it was from his boss (the owner) as a high school graduation present as it had come up in conversation.

The owner is very generous and definitely has the means
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0