View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #10
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

There's a good chance the Hawk Street/Race aren't going to be enough pad for you depending on the track you run and how demanding it is on brakes. Will also depend on what tires you run and how much grip you've got with them.
With my 3.0si just AX prepped (struts/shocks, front sway) and running 245/40 front, 265/35 rear the HP+ were just adequate on the track (Daytona, Sebring). The car was pushy enough that corner exit speeds were down and end of straight speeds were such that the HP+ would fade a bit but were still working. A bit of aero (APR front splitter), and a bit more rubber (265/35 front, 275/35 rear) fixed the push, made the car nicely balanced and significantly increased speeds.
HP+ weren't able to take more than about 5 minutes into the first session before temps were over their limits, Street/Race made it a full 15 minutes into the first session before they were beyond their limit, and now I'm running DTC-60s which have been great from a performance standpoint. Rotors get changed with every pad set as they're usually at or near minimum thickness around the time the pads are worn out. The combination of dust and rotor material mixed in is hideous and leaves rust stains on the wheels, but they work really well.
I actually street drive with the DTC-60 and for here in FLA they're usable since we don't get much cold weather. First stop of the day they're a bit slippery, but once you're rolling they're fine. I suspect in a northern winter at colder temps they'd be problematic, but probably fine for summer usage.
I had one set of the Ferodo DS2500 before the tires and aero change, and I liked their feel. The only issue I had was the cup springs that hold the inner pad into the caliper piston weren't formed correctly and the pads would work out of the piston and push it back a bit. The first stop after rolling a bit gave a long brake pedal, which was annoying on the street, pretty damn scary on the track. Haven't tried another set yet.
Car is 2006 3.0si roadster.