2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe  [6.00]
2002 330 CI  [0.00]
2018 BMW 240M  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast View Post

The nice part about this kit is that the front and rear fenders are only 5mm wider than the stock and allow you to retain the rear bumper. The GTR kit was produced for a different chassis, which is why you see such a huge gap in the fender-wells when people put in on the standard chassis.
Nice build up. and nice parts list too.

the part about the GTR kit is produced for a different chassis, however is incorrect. its the same e86 chassis. however the rear diff is solidly mounted to the rear frame, not using a diff hanger like on your stock e86/e85. There are some modifications on the wheel housing too, but its the exact same chassis.

And the rear fender wells gap is on purpose, it allows you to run proper race slicks, with a proper side wall.

anyhows, great buildup, looking forwards on seeing the progress.

More race Z4's is more info available, so def looking forwards to how you proceed. Also wondering what class your building for and what the limitations are? Are you building a cage? or just the rollbar?

wow, so your building 2 coupes now? thats awesome!! just remember, its probably cheaper to buy a fully race prepped car (like the one in the for sale section or the Petrona's Coupe over in Europe and shipping it, then piecing these things together.

Any hows, love what your doing and where your going with this

Thanks Vann, we have purchased a few of these retired cars before. The problem is replacement parts can be crazy expensive and some time impossible to find. One example is we had a an e36 touring car that broke an axle. Took over a year and cost over 10k to replace. That was just one of the issues we ran into. I am lucky enough to live in an area with lots of contacts in the industry to help.

Since I am planning on racing both cars, I like to know what I am getting into, not to mention I enjoy the creative process. 😉
Appreciate 1
pyshin110.50