12-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #400
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
A lot of people don't even know what a z06 is though lol. So even if it was for marketing, they chose the wrong variant to do so. GM broke the internet when they debuted the stingray in july of 2019.

The bespoke engine was the whole reason for the C8 z06 to ever exist. That engine is a fucking masterpiece when you really dissect what it is and how it functions. The volumetric efficiency, the intake manifold design, the bore size and spacing, the stroke, the LT6 is every racer's wet dream. It's a REAL legit race engine, stuffed into a road car. Unlike previous GM engines of yesterday.
I've not seen a lot of C8's on the streets where I live, which is rural, where the $80K Chevrolets are coal-rollin' lifted pickups. But I had an opportunity last week to experience a C8. We were each first in our lanes at a traffic light. I was in my H3T and rolled down the window to hear the LT2. The Vette driver must have seen me lower my window and obliged with a nice launch from the light. Dammed did the LT2 sound great! It was a black LT1 I presume (it had no wing), maybe with the sport exhaust. At $60K, the base C8 is more than enough car for most anyone. The Z06 is going to be epic, either as GM's marketing ploy or even as a real sportscar.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-29-2021 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0