10-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #38
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The problem with these electric "trucks" is they can't do truck shit. At least I have not seen any specs or tests on what kind of range you get with these actually towing anything. I have seen people test the Model X towing at it's max rated capacity and the range was abysmal. So you will have to charge the thing every couple of miles... not a huge deal until you try parking at the charger with a 30 foot trailer.... My truck new was probably like $80k (obviously I did not buy it new or pay $80k) however my truck can easily tow my 32' trailer (or bigger) for like 500-600 miles on one tank. Then I can easily pull into any truck stop and fill her up in 5min.

Now if they want to call it an electric SUV that's fine. Maybe it can tow a small boat down the street to the boat ramp.
Sounds like it's not a truck for you. Not everyone uses their vehicle in the same way. Inversely some people just want a truck to use its bed to haul stuff and a truck that fits your purposes don't make sense for those folks.

Does that make it an incapable vehicle?
Appreciate 1
W///7485.00