View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Doing Skip Barber in July at LRP!

Just as the title states, I'm super stoked to finally do a Skippy school! It's something I've yammered about doing for YEARS and never had a fire lit under me to pull the trigger on a pretty expensive program. I was lucky enough to get signed off to jump right into the 2 Day Advanced school with my on-track experience in the HPDE world which saved me a few bucks. Still stupid expensive but I know it'll be worth it. I wish they gave discounts for students that bring their own helmet, suit, gloves and shoes!

I opted for the MX-5 Cup cars over the Formula cars because my primary goal is to get that letter I can submit to the SCCA for a license. I figured doing it in as familiar of a platform as possible was the way to go. If I was going just for kicks, I'd totally do the Formula program! But I think it'll be a lot of fun lapping in the MX-5's as I haven't yet driven a momentum car.

Haven't been on track at LRP with my car because it's always just a bit too expensive ($300 for one day??) so it'll be a great novelty finally getting to lap that circuit. I'll be hitting the tapes quite a bit!

Any Skippy alumni in here?