3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by donoman View Post
Your car looks great and the wheels look awesome. 3 questions for you:

1) Were camber plates absolutely necessary? If so, what camber are you running? Streetable? Are your fenders rolled?
2) Do you think these wheels will fit 17x9.0 ET30 (http://www.apexraceparts.com/ARC-8-1...l_p_151.html)? I am guessing yes because you got 17x9.5 ET35 to fit?
3) Instead of going with staggered 17x9.0 and 17x19.5, you picked square. Why? (I understand you may cite performance, ability to rotate, etc)

I think I will go with 17's after seeing how your car looks. I don't want to lose the great handling/streetability on the car by going with huge heavy wheels.

Looking great!
1. Yes, you need camber. I have 2.8 degrees. Streetable for daily driving...? probably not as you'lll go through tires quickly. No fender roll required.

2. Yes, 17x9 et30 will fit. While I'm running 17x9.5 et35, I am also using a 5mm spacer up front effectively making it a 30 offset. I needed the 5mm to clear my coilover perch.

3. I went square because I prefer having equal rubber all 4 corners for the track. While in theory it might help with longer life, I don't bother rotating. It's my dedicated track setup and I just wanted max rubber up front and keep the car as neutral as possible.

Keep in mind my answer regarding camber was specific to my suspension and my wheels (9.5 et35). Also certain tires tend to have wider shoulders, ie Star Specs and RS3 will run wider than say a Michelin PSS or Hankook V12. There's good info here on different 17" fitments for NON-M Z4's on stock suspension

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676629

Also before ordering, I would definitely ask Eddy @ Apex for confirmed fitments.

Best of luck!