Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Six View Post
I am curious as to whether the roofs from this brand have been as strong topically as expected? Such as....

1)-Could you stand atop it once installed without any collapse?
2)- Does the weave view straight and clean?
3)-How on earth did you dial in the fact that there was no hardware/fasteners pre-installed?
4)-Was the Summer months hotter than a stock rood penetration-wise since no heat rejection was engineered in?
5)-Any post install issues?

1)- Absolutely not... do not stand on this roof.
2)- Nope. Super wavy, although I will say that the waviness is at least symmetrical so it isn't too intrusive.
3)- The roof is basically a 3-layer skin with a rolled lip underneath that gets glued to the car. You have to drill your own holes for the four mounting screws if you want those.
4)-
5)- No fitment issues here, just thousands and thousands and thousands of small bubbles appeared under the gel coat on the one I got roughly two months after installation. Basically anywhere the weave overlaps there's a bubble in the corner. After talking with GS about it they told me it's the fault of where I live and I should be fine with it since the point of it is for racing not for looking pretty.
6)- Where the F have you been?! We needed you on this [twisted]six years ago!
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0