09-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
This whole thread boggles my mind. Maybe I don't understand your insurance system but here in Ontario, Canada they just want to know how many km's (ie miles) the car is driven to work and back WHEN it is driven, how many km's driven a year and is it used for commercial purposes.

If my insurance company told me I couldn't drive my Z4MR car to do errands, go to work or daily it I'd tell them to go -blank- themselves. I might as well put the car in glass like a die cast model and get trailer to parade it around. Is that what our BMW's are to us??
Standard car insurance works in the U.S. is very similar, difference is Haggerty, Grundy and a few others sell insurance for collector cars, rates are normally better than standard insurance but it comes with more requirements for these better rates.

Nobody is requiring them to do anything, you buy insurance with restrictions for a lower rate or standard insurance without the restrictions for a higher rate. Very simple and nothing for anyone to complain about.