View Single Post
      12-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #53
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Legal issues... understood. But technically, those shoes are just there for keeping the car from rolling during a stop (or emergency use). Properly welded and secured, should be minimal risk imho.
Yes. I also have had my welded brake concoction in there for 4 years or so (I think you've seen my thread on that).
But in germany they have TüV and that even checks matching materials (so they also coulndt fit an aluminium spacer in there, it had to be iron).
If you want to deviate from that you have to have a TüV engineer write a report on that (like the reports you can download at german tuning products like KW).
Where I live we just have an annual checkup where the car gets onto a brake tester and they measure brake force etc (and obviously check wear) but if thats within boundries, its OK (so more a real life test than a theoretical evalutation). We do have a minimum requirement in how much brake force should be applied with the emergency brake (and if its in balance left/right).
And BMW emergency brakes are rubbish anyway compared to a lot of other brands.

But I like the idea to adapt the rotor to the factory spec.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0