View Single Post
      03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #64
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

haha I've been to Laguna on a pouring day once. Luckily I had some General Exclaim UHP tires at the time that I carried over from my other set of wheels. I ended up leveling up moreso than a "dry day". Wet days teach you a tremendous amount

And not to mention, I accidentally did a full-out drift at turn 5 for one and all to see
For those that know the track, I was braking hard just prior to turn 5, while downshifted from 4th to 3rd and initiated my turn-in early since it was wet out. Then when I got on the throttle, my rear end kicked out and everyone (including myself) thought that it was over. They were probably going to hafta black flag the entire course, pull everyone into the hot pits, and lose precious session time.
But no. I somehow marvelously reacted (thanks GT5! ) and counter-steered perfectly. Just the right amount, at just the right times. And I was able to correct everything
I shouldn't have been going at that pace though, since it was wet out and also the first lap of the last session of the day

What was even more remarkable was all the and I got from everyone when I pulled into the paddock after that session.
They were like BRAVO!

I was just like eh eh
hahaha
Appreciate 0