View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 10:38 AM   #2
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Last season I had misfires on cyl 6 at the track. I have Dinan ignition coils from ECS that I bought from them and I believe one has been malfunctioning.

Strange thing though, as I was accelerating engine goes limp all of a sudden, dash lights came on etc. Car barely moving and shaking. I limped along for a bit, moved to the side safely. Then while still rolling I just shut down the car, restarted, lights went away, back to full power. Finished couple more laps and all was ok. Then it happened again later in the day. I scanned the car before I went out and at that point knew that it was a misfire so wasn't worried too much. But basically restarting the engine helped resolve it on the spot. And I did not experience it on the way home, and also had another track day and it did not happen.

I tried to contact ECS for replacement but they started asking for logs etc for proof. I had cleared the errors already. Not sure it was worth pursuing warranty exchange. I just recently ordered a new spare coil to have in my track bag. If it goes again I'll just swap it onsite. But it would definitely be nice for ECS to make the exchange a little easier. Its not rocket science. I bought 6, trying to exchange a single coil. Not like I am trying to return all 6 used up coils for a refund damn it.
Appreciate 0