Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Because they don't view F1 in isolation. HAM is a global superstar and good for business. My Merc dealer has his gear all over the parts department. From within Mercedes, they surely have data on his sales influence to certain audiences. Look at the current marketing absurdities from BMW/M trying to reach a younger audience. Lewis helps MB/AMG reach them on legit motorsport merit. And outside of being the most successful F1 driver of all time, appears to be everything they aspire to be -- vegan, social justice, environmental, etc.

MB sell 7,200 cars every day and gross $12M every hour. (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/08/stav...very-hour.html)

HAM's salary is peanuts.
Fantastic post.

If I remember correctly, Mercedes age demographic has lowered by 12 or so years since he has been a Formula One headliner with the largest declination in the Works Mercedes years. HAM has more social media followers than the AMG team and all other drivers by a large margin. Even the poison dwarf, Bernie, recognized that HAM is bigger than the sport and is a great ambassador for Formula One and he is helping them to penetrate their target market: The United States of America.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50