View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #126
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I'd be really interested to know how you make those pieces ? They look perfect.
Which one?

The one with the aluminum strips was actually pretty simple. I have access to a metal shop, so once I had the measurements on the sheet of aluminum, I just had them cut. I used VHT tail light tint to give it a clear ed finish so the aluminum will show through. The blue I did the same but I used Duplicolor anodized finish color without the base coat. The piece at the end I use a sticker from the command logo and painted the rest. I didn't get a chance to picture the finished process but I covered it on epoxy resin. I'm currently making another one that instead of being on wood, it will be encapsulated on epoxy resin.

The wood one, I just used a table saw. I put wood stain on the the slats to give it a different color. The starts were a pain. I cut does by hand using a bandsaw. Later found out I could have bought them in Amazon for a lot cheaper than what it cost me to make them. The plaque at the bottom, I finished the wood then took it to a plaque trophy shop with what I wanted and they printed the logo and names on it. Then I covered the whole thing with poly.
Appreciate 0