View Single Post
      11-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #42
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I would've expected the increased torque from larger rotor would result in less brake effort not more. Any idea if 17" wheels would clear these calipers/rotors?

Re brake pedal dropping what condition are your wheel bearings in? Worn bearings could cause side to side reflection deflection that would move the piston.

Btw you mention ZHP rotors being same size as the M3 and Z4M but I think you meant ZCP? The ZHP and base m3 both received 325mm rotors while the Competition package ans Z4M got the bigger 345mm
Agreed, larger rotor, more pad surface and larger piston (compared to the 3.0si setup). On fresh Motul600 as well, properly bled.

Brand new wheel bearings all around. Perhaps the G's i'm pulling causes the caliper(s) to unstick on the sliders? After this happens, I never get it again on the same corner.

You're correct, I mean the 345mm variant.

------

On an unrelated note, does anyone have comparison between the REAR 3.0si and Z4M calipers? Specifically, piston size and any differences in pad size? I'm wondering if I'm missing too much rear brake emphasis...

EDIT: Just checked my front wheel bearing, and it is "bad" again! 1 week old. It was an off brand unit $60 for two from ebay, second one that went bad this year. Should probably go back to *** units.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 11-12-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0