3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
I think a new update is due

Now running PFC08 pads all around with the same setup (335i front calipers/Z4M front rotors, stock 3.0si rear caliper/slotted rear rotor), and brake cooling ducts.

No fade whatsoever from repeated high speed stops on subsequent HPDE events. Very strong braking and progressive brake pedal feel.

I have all the braking I need, and can lock up the fronts if I really want to (actually, engage the ABS...).

Some observations: On very tight braking corners (>90deg), sometimes feel the brake pedal drop a bit. Almost feels like the calipers slide over, but full braking still available.

Also, I wish I had more stopping power with less brake effort. I have to really mash the pedal down hard to get full braking, which makes heal-toe more difficult. I'll assume going BBK is only going to net me minor improvements from here on, but I may still consider it just for that extra amount of consistency and pad selection.

The next thing I need to resolve is better tire contact patch management - in other words, reduce rear-to-front body dip, which probably causes too much negative cmaber in front, thus less tire patch to slow me down. I also wonder about rear brake bias, may need to find a way to increase the rear a bit.

DSC is disabled, no break modulation from any of the nannies.
I would've expected the increased torque from larger rotor would result in less brake effort not more. Any idea if 17" wheels would clear these calipers/rotors?

Re brake pedal dropping what condition are your wheel bearings in? Worn bearings could cause side to side reflection deflection that would move the piston.

Btw you mention ZHP rotors being same size as the M3 and Z4M but I think you meant ZCP? The ZHP and base m3 both received 325mm rotors while the Competition package ans Z4M got the bigger 345mm

Last edited by 3002 tii; 11-10-2017 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0