06-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #268
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfwalters View Post
2:00:xx! Very nice. 2:02:xx is my PB at the Ridge, but I think I'll be able to neatly destroy that time when this bloody thing finally makes it back there. It is an absolute hoot, I agree.
Yes, I would imagine this beast will destroy that

Quote:
Yes, I'm using the V1 stepped / V1 section 1 pipes. I took off a set of SuperSprint straight-through non-stepped (i.e. OEM compatible) section 1 pipes when I installed these units - since you're ~local, if they're in any way useful to you I'll cut you a great deal on them.
I'm kinda fixated on the stepped headers / hi flow cats, but perhaps we should chat hehe.

Quote:
FWIW I would hesitate to put the stepped headers / section 1 pipes in front of stock x-pipe / mufflers. The S54 is extremely sensitive to exhaust flow and you just won't get the power gains from those (ungodly expensive) headers if the system can't breathe past the section 1 pipes.
Interesting - hadn't considered this. Gets bloody expensive!

Quote:
Do you already have a tune of some kind?
Not yet. Am thinking of an Epic tune, but that's likely a ways out after exhaust and intake (which are after brakes and a more track friendly seat / harness setup). I did put in an Eventuri intake because I had to set *some* part of that S54 sound hehe.

Cheers,
Eamonn
Appreciate 0