07-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

Airbox install

Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted at this forum, because I bought a 98 Supra Turbo. Anyways that's irrelevant or insulting maybe

I'm doing this DIY so it would help you get an idea. Do not blame me if something goes wrong with you.

AIRBOX: Goke-Carbon from CA-Automotive
TUNE: Epic Motorsports

First thing, look at your dirty car.

Name:  DSC_0234.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  135.4 KB

Once you get your tuning package follow the instructions in it carefully.

Install the software and USB cable drivers.

Now it's time to read your ECU. You must use an external power supply, otherwise your battery might drain and render your ECU as a brick. It is also preferred that your battery condition is healthy, mine was a new battery.

I looked at internet for a stable external power supply that runs of AC, but the prices were high and shipping cost to my country is super insane.

Searched in my city and could not find any true power supplies with enough Amps. I also went to the dealer to ask them but they were like: "no way you can do this at our workshop!" but they were kind enough to let me know from where to get one. Still was too expensive!

Name:  DSC_0271.jpg
Views: 2098
Size:  134.7 KB

I asked a friend who is a local JDM tuner, and he advised me to try to use another car as a source, as he was doing it also. So I used my daily SUV.

Name:  DSC_0276.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  130.0 KB

To make sure you have a stable voltage, measure the voltage using a multimeter at your Z4M charging points: before connecting other car, after connecting other car, and after connecting and starting other car. Not all cars are stable enough, I'm lucky.

Name:  DSC_0277.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  132.3 KB

If everything seems fine, proceed with reading your ECU while the other car is connected and running. Be careful, the terminals might get hot during this.

Name:  DSC_0278.jpg
Views: 2013
Size:  140.7 KB

The process of reading your ECU will take up to 40 minutes. Make sure your laptop is fully charged, connected to its power supply, and it won't turn off screen or go to sleep, standby, hibernate or whatever automatically.

Do not disturb any of the cars or anything, and keep praying.

Name:  DSC_0280.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  111.4 KB

Once it's completed, send the file to your tuner.

In my next post I will show how to remove your stock intake manifold.

Thanks, stay tuned.
Appreciate 1