06-24-2020, 11:54 AM   #8
mmns999
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4MC; AY M4; F25 X3; 328(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
How many km's on that clutch and how do you know its nearing the end of its life?
Im at 150 XXX kms and from what the previous owner had told me and the receipts provided, it seems that the clutch is original and unchanged.

I feel that its nearing the end of its life because the grab point is pretty high up in the pedal travel. I also haven't checked under the car to see if a CDV delete was done or not (maybe I should do that this weekend) because I've read that that screws up engagement feel if you're use to driving manual. But with a slow release, it still just grabs uncomfortably high for me, and without a good "bite".

But, funny enough, the clutch kit (and a set of sparkplugs) are still sitting in the online cart waiting for me to click purchase! I haven't gotten around to it because the clutch hasn't slipped on me yet so there has to be some life left in it. I just thought it would be a good idea since the clutch kit was on sale and the cheapest I can find anywhere. As of right now though, the price is still the same "sale" price, so I'm not too worried about getting it going back to normal anytime soon (though I should get to ordering the parts at least).
Appreciate 0