View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #25
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I don't know anything first hand about the Canadian healthcare system. But because of my medical situation, I have been active on the various cancer support forums. There are some people that fall into the situation you've mentioned that are in Canada. They live in a rural area and have to drive hours in to the nearest cancer treatment centers. With various things that is just life, they've had challenges with the whole logistics whether it be scans to actual treatment.

One thing I'm stunned about is the limit on access to your own information under the Canadian system. What I mean by this are lab results and scans. When you deal with cancer, you learn about this thing called scanxiety. It's the anxiety one feels just before going in for scans and the painful wait after for the results. From what I've seen, Canadians have to wait till they see their doctor before they know the results. Sometimes this is only a few days but can be as bad as a couple of weeks based on what I've seen on the forums. This would drive me nuts. For me, I have been able to get my scan images right after I finish the scan procedure and have been able to get the official radiology report later that day.
So healthcare is administered at the provincial level, Ontario has spend billions the last few years implementing "e-health"....I've not accessed my profile but I think there is or it's planned to allow you to log in and see results and view your records.
Appreciate 0