03-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #155
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I'm still back at the chicken and the egg. I'm still wondering if the water leak came first and the rest of it followed. Specifically, the cylinder ingesting a large amount of coolant while the engine was running.

I've seen engines siezed up solid due to water leaking into the combustion chamber. Granted it happened while they were not running. But the fact is that water does not compress anywhere near as much as air.

That much metal hammering away inside the block should have been making a hell of an ugly sound. The only symptom you reported was a misfire.
I have to admit I'm no mechanic, I try to report these events as accurately as possible and to the best of my recollection. When the motor started to power down, it seemed and felt like misfiring. It had loss of power and serious vibrations. Now I don't plan to run the car this way and in fact I've already changed the set up... But with a Rogue mid pipe, euro headers, and RPi cans... It's difficult to hear the intricacies of the engine and just what was happening. Now I didn't drive it after it started powering down. I did also mention that it had minor white smoke but not a plume like the first time she broke down. This was much more subtle. There weren't leaks, so it was interesting where all that had gone to.

I have some video of me working around the car talking to the shop but it's nothing good. It's just a go pro video. I though about setting it up for the first drive but then didn't... Like a dummy.

I will have the stock cans on there moving forward and I'll make sure to take video the next time.

I post all of this here because I am not as knowledgeable as y'all and I sincerely appreciate the input. If something is fishy I'd like to know, or if it's done well I also like to know. I come here for a vote of confidence and to pick the brains of the more mechanically inclined. I have been doing my best to learn, and although I know the functions of a motor, I definitely don't know it inside and out and I humbly admit that.

Sorry if that came across brash... I just re read your post and I took it the wrong way. I revert to the above to express my appreciation, I'm still just mind boggled by all of it, not frustrated or upset, just ... /mindblown as well. I apologize for my somewhat poor response.

Last edited by Arsonism; 03-07-2016 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: I'm a dummy.
Appreciate 0