04-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #3
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
Here my experience... my car has a CSL intake and Euro headers and aftermarket s-pipe with 300 cell Cats.

I originally had the SS X-Pipe and OE mufflers and the sound was as you described, a bit deeper in tone. Then I added Remus cans and it was so loud I could not hear the CSL box as before, plus it drone very much. So I went back to the OE X-pipe and this gave right combination.

So if you just want a deeper sound try the X-Pipe first with the eventuri

Adding aftermarket mufflers really make these cars loud, those that say otherwise are deaf or just too young compared to me.

I currently have remus cans and they are borderline too loud but since is a weekend toy I am hanging to them.
That's great information - thank you. Remus was my first choice of muffler but they don't make them anymore, so it probably would have been Supersprint Powerloops if I went with aftermarket mufflers. Hearing that even the Remus mufflers made the system too loud is a bit of a shock given they are supposed to be close to stock volume-wise.

How was the level of rasp with the full aftermarket system except with stock rear mufflers?
Appreciate 0