08-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Lightbulb RESEARCH Exhaust System (Z4M Exhaust)

New pictures on page 25, 26, 27 and 28...

Almost there!!!

New Exhaust system for Z4M SC and NA

see post #945 and #956 for more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
Guys here is a simple explanation of the exhaust theory that I used to create this system.

S-Pipe

The S-Pipe is basically designed to work as an extension of the headers, while optimizing flow and velocity with the least amount of constriction. The coating and step are both used to achieve this process. The tabs are used to bridge resonance which reduces unwanted rasp.

X Pipe

The X-Pipe uses the same principle as the S-Pipe for performance, with the addition of minimized bends to diminish constriction. The crossover area’s main purpose is sound equalization. (The S54 engine doesn’t benefit from crossover scavenging in it’s current location).

Bypass Area

Resonators
Street V1 is used to optimize the sound while Street V2, Sport V1 and V2 are used to achieve a balance between sound and performance.

Straight Pipe
Race V1 and V2 are used strictly for performance applications or when extreme annoyance to neighbors is desired.

Cats

CTS 300 is used in the attempt to relocate secondary O2 sensors without causing a CEL.
CTL 100 is used to maximize performance when a catalytic converter is required.

Also is good to mention that this system was designed to achieve its maximum capacity using open flow headers.

Last edited by Diokaef; 03-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Changing original text
Appreciate 0