05-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #7
AParsh335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC / M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
With 118K miles and no body damage or mechanical issues, this would probably be a $23K car. If it had 70K miles it'd be closer to $30K. Mileage is definitely on the high side for an M Coupe.

This one has significant body damage that will require repairing, replacing and painting most or all of the body panels. How much would that cost? $5-10K? More?

Plus undercarriage damage and unknown mechanical issues like overheating? I'm sorry, but this is a tough sell. It'd probably cost $20K or more to make this car right (hence why it was on Copart), and that's just not worth it on a 118K mile example. You might consider parting it out. The value is in the drivetrain and parts, even with the mileage.
Hi Reid, unfortunately not only is your opinion inaccurate, it's what people call "thread-crapping." If you have a problem with my thread and asking price, why not PM me and discuss it? What are you getting out of it? You think it will take $20,000 to fix hail dents? That doesn't make any sense and your inaccurate opinions are rude and unfair to sellers on this forum. You need to understand that your point of view is not the only one. There are people out there that buy Z4MCs for racing, and if they can pick one up like mine and save $5k because they don't need it to look pretty, it's a bonus for them. Some people are going to wide body or go crazy with aero stuff and oem panels get covered with aftermarket, so again, saving $5k is useful. And then there are guys that are handy and can do the work themselves and want to save $5k to do their own labor. I mentioned that I'm including PDR tools in the thread even. Some people just want a Z4MC but can't afford to pay $23k but are patient to fix it, and will shop around online for good condition replacement panels for cheap. If someone was patient and shopped well they could probbaly replace all the hail damaged panels for less than $2000, same color too. You need to think before you post. I will be reporting your post to the mods.
2016 Pure Metal M5
Appreciate 0