View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #10
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortes2141
Man, I'm not going to lie....those things are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing some dyno numbers. I was trying to do Euro CSL headers but it fell through. I am planning on doing a SC later on so I'm looking for non stepped for the lower end gains, I hope these compare!

EDIT: Forgot to ask, do you by chance know how much they weighed? (So I can compare to the CSL)
They are pretty damn good looking as far as headers go, I'll agree with you there. Beautiful welds, and the polish is almost a mirror finish. I left the top heat shield off when I installed them, so I can still see them even while in my engine bay.

I did a dyno run after I installed them, thread is here: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1238699 Unfortunately, I had already installed an Eventuri intake and had an Evolve tune on the ECU, so you won't be able to see exactly what increase was due to the headers alone. But anecdotally, I'm confident that the headers and tune together made the majority of my gains. And putting headers on without a tune to take advantage of them and eliminate CELs would be like doing half a job, anyway.

I can't say exactly how much they weighed, but I know it was significantly less than the stock monstrosities that I pulled off. If you reach out to Mike at SGT, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to give you an exact number. FWIW, The shipment that the longer section came in was listed at 12 lbs, according to UPS.
Appreciate 0