Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Ok, I got around to recoding my E86 to E85 specs. The most noticeable difference is it seem to have more punch on the low end and the sound level meter proved it to be louder. The mids and highs are harder to tell, they do sound different though. Determining if it's better by listening to the same song is so subjective, especially since I can't just flick a switch and listen to one then the other. I did recode it while I was listening to it in E86 mode and after it finished coding, the volume dropped substantially when it went into E85 mode. The volume level is not as loud in E85 mode, but it does not distort much at full volume either, where in E86 mode, I could not go to full volume without allot of distortion and fear of blowing the drivers. I'm going to leave it in E85 mode for now. I need to play with the EQ now and see if I can fine tune it some.

It only takes 15 seconds or so for the actual coding part, so I was switching back and forth and there is a pretty big difference in the sound. I have to copy and rename a file each time so within a minute I'm able to switch modes. Oh, and while I was in there I turned off the buzzer for key in the ignition when the door opens, which was pretty annoying when I needed to open the door.

Pungo - this is awesome. Well done!!!!

Interesting you found the volume to be less in E85 mode than E86, I found it to be the opposite actually. in E85, it was able to be much louder - & without distortion.

So, overall you'd agree about the E85 coding sounding better, and do you think its worth it?

Last edited by gtMc; 04-18-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0