View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Great story, fantastic pictures, and congratulations on the car! That's a beauty!

It needs a Zpost sticker! You can get one from Nikki--they're inexpensive and very cool!

35 MPH on that that first section of road? I'd be out of my freakin' mind!

The GPS issue is probably a Nav disk issue where the disk is out of date. I'm guessing the original Nav disk is still in there? Might not be worth it to buy a new one, but the 09+ has a lot more data from what I've read.

They call it a glove box for a reason! You can fit exactly one pair of (small) gloves in there!

I don't like the screen popping up either (especially at night) when I touch the radio. The screen should stay down. I wish there were a mod for that. (Probably a software hack, not something I have any clue about.)

I had a similar experience to your when first driving the car with the back end doing the same thing, and was off to a car control clinic a few weeks later. It's a very capable car and the short wheelbase contributes the respect we need to give it.

Another thought--from what I understand in taking to tire experts, wider tires are great for dry grip but add a tendency towards greater hydroplanning in the rain (think pontoon) and of course wear just makes that worse. Stock rears are 255 and fronts 225--which may be a more optimal width (in addition to the right compound) for heavy inclement weather + bad roads. Something to keep in mind in places that see a lot of rain or where the car is a DD....

Last edited by Finnegan; 05-04-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0