View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #23
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Stoptech

It was time to upgrade the brakes. I had found that after driving at the limit for 20 minutes, the M had serious brake fade. This was a confidence killer and needed to be remedied.

Despite the fact that I really only needed to upgrade the pads, fluid, and lines to fix my brake fade problem, I made the decision to do a complete big brake kit. This time, I did not want to go through the trial and error of finding the right set-up. I wanted to upgrade the braking system beyond my driving level, and have no concerns about stopping power as my skill progressed.

Why did I choose Stoptech?
I was considering Brembo and Stoptech. Stoptech’s balanced braking bias made sense to me, and there technical staff was very informative. Stoptech’s cooling properties were also key, since temp is a primary factor in braking performance. There were many articles out there that proved Stoptech’s superior braking performance too.

That being said, most vendors wanted to sell me a Brembo kit because of their “superior quality.” I think this may have had more to do with price than performance. In the end it was the opinion of forum members who heavily tracked their cars that sold me on Stoptech. Without knowing one another, each member I PM’ed came back with similar reviews. The bottom line was that the Stoptech kits were outstanding. If they had to do it all over again and money was no issue, Stoptech would be the choice.

The Best price I found was with Jon Guerra from Vivid Racing.

PROS:
1. Installation manual was very thorough.
2. Component quality was very impressive.
3. Despite huge increase in component sizes, vey little increase in overall weight.
4. Bedding instructions were very clear and easy to follow.
5. Easy to change pads.
6. No more brake fade!

CONS:
1. None yet.

Overall I am getting what I wanted out of this kit. The M stops on a dime now, and there is no brake fade. The kit is more than I needed, but I will not have to upgrade later.
Attached Images

Last edited by crfine88; 07-22-2010 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0