View Single Post
      02-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #8
FD3S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

My case is a little bit different jns_e85, since I want to find an Alpha N tune. Alpha N is when you delete the MAF sensor of the intake.

I have emailed both ESS and Epic with the same mail. Randy answered within 3 days with all the answers written in detail. From ESS I never had an answer. I say ok maybe it went to their spam or maybe they forgot it, so why not to give them a call.

I make a call on them and ask that I want to buy the tune but with Alpha N to put a CSL Airbox. The guy replies that the tune will not work with CSL Airbox and then I asked if they can make a custom tune about that. He answers no it can not be done.

Meanwhile I email Epic again with new questions. They answer within the next day again with detailed answers.

My mechanic meanwhile since it works with ESS, and he trusts only them he couldn't believe that the do not make Alpha N tune and mails them. They answer to him yes it can be done an Alpha N tuning.

Yesterday I have been contacted with a PM from a member here affiliated with ESS that he told me that the tune can be done also and he was very helpful.

Those months I have contacted also 3-4 members in PM that they have done tuning with EPIC and to be honest every one told me the best about it.

I would suggest to make the same, send a mail, or make a call and go with the guy who feels more right to go...Just my 2 cents, I hope this was helpful. With your case since you do not request an Alpha N tune I guess it will be more common and easier to find feedback from other members.
The other guys can tell you more for installation and the use of the tune.

Last edited by FD3S; 02-03-2017 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
jns_e8574.00
ried791.50