SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I have an Eley hose reel. I can't say I'm in love with it. It doesn't turn easily and is essentially overloaded with the length of hose I have on it. I might like it better if it were less loaded.
How much hose do you have on it? I have 100' of 5/8" hose and it's the perfect amount for the standard capacity model, which is rated for 125' of 5/8" hose or 100' of 3/4" hose. If you've put more hose than the recommended amount on the standard capacity model, you need an extra-capacity kit for ~$24 which increases the width of the hub by 4". This will allow up to 200' of 5/8" hose or 170' of 3/4" hose on the reel. They even have a quad-wheel kit for ~$73 that adds two more wheels to the standard capacity model for the best stability.

Also, you know that there's a cam-lever brake that regulates the tension on the reel, right? You can easily adjust the tension with a Phillips-head screwdriver. Eley recommends having the brake on for unreeling, but if you want the reel to rotate completely freely with no tension, just flip the brake off.

Appreciate 0