01-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #95
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmjarrett View Post
As far as the self proclaimed expert "Mustang Medic" and his vids. I take it with a grain of salt. 1). I've watch some of his vids in the past and not impressed with his work. 2). No proof at all... but someone said it on the internet so it must be true.
Hmm. I have the covers sitting on a shelf. Not that I can work on my car right now due to the horrible weather (I don't space to work on my car in the garage, so I always work on it outside). I'm still researching it. To be honest, having seen them in person, they look great. They have a nice gloss finish, and the plastic feels durable. Then again, I'm no plastic expert. Or am I trying to just sell it to myself lol. A part of me says to stay away and get real Brembos from tireconnection this week. We shall see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
long story, still no excuse to pretend you have big brakes when you don't. Even if you're not going to overheat your brakes, its like putting a sock in your jeans so it looks like you have a bigger package. Or putting an M badge on a non-M car. But thats just my opinion, we don't have to all agree about everything.
I agree. I guess some of us would just like cosmetic improvements to our liking. Like APR wings/splitters. I don't race on a track. If I were to get an APR wing or splitter, it would look great, and get lots of nods here on the zpost community, even if I don't use it for its performance, and only have it for it's visual appeal. However, if I install the same APR wing/splitters but the REPLICA version purely for cosmetics as before, I would get grilled. Why?

Just asking
Appreciate 0