Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wss4 View Post
Interested
Added to the serious interest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
I love the bar - engineering-wise, very functional. BUT I don't think I want to R&R it every 25K miles or so on every valve adjustments (snapping one of those nut/bolt won't be fun, especially those on the firewall).

I think there should be more research done on why Rogue discontinued it in the first place - just my 2 cents.
Good point! I would be concerned, but it looks like Rogue is still manufacturing & selling their brace for the E46 M3 with the same design. If there were an inherent flaw, I'd imagine it would affect those, as well. If I had to guess, the reason they ceased production on the Z4M bars is that there are actually quite a few intricacies to considered to ensure a proper fit. Combine this with a low number of overall sales and mass production with varying tolerances and it's a recipe for a likely discontinued product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Love that bar, interested
I agree Vanne! Added to the serious interest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Very cool, do they have approximate weight/weight savings for the aluminum compared to steel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
WHS
Possible interest in the aluminum bar depending on weight difference
Mason lists the steel bar @ 6.0 lbs & aluminum bar @ 3.5 lbs. If you're interested I can see if he would accept orders for the alum with same discount as well, so long as we have min 6 orders in total. The more I think about it, the more I'd be tempted to go aluminum because it's not a large weight different but it is a little more exclusive and, err, ultimate. Go big or go home I suppose

Here is a link to the product page - can't believe I didn't include this -> http://www.masonengineering.net/Subpages/Z4.htm

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0