View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #1
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Exclamation GB PENDING!: The ULTIMATE Strut Bar Solution: Mason Engineering - POSSIBLE GROUP BUY!

NOW PENDING! DETAILS ON PAGE 3, WILL START THREAD IN CLASSIFIEDS WHEN DETAILS SORTED!

GB CLOSED! SEE POST 55 ON PAGE 3 -> http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...1314022&page=3

I've been looking for a strut bar for my Z4M roadster for a while now. OEM is okay, but it has joints. Mechunik looks beefy, but has even more joints. Strong Strut seem to be the winner with no pivoting joints, however I don't much mind for the 'erector set' aesthetics, personally.

Enter, Rogue "Racebrace"

The Rogue Racebrace looked awesome! I remember when it was listed on their site, telling myself I would purchase one ASAP. I never got that chance, they discontinued the brace and took it off their site for the Z4 application. This was THE most beautiful strut tower bar for our cars and THE most functional, yet is no longer available. That is, until I discovered Mason Engineering.

Exit Rogue, enter, Mason Engineering:

You may notice this piece looks oddly familiar to the more well-known Rogue Racebrace. This style strut bar was originally designed and manufactured by Mason Engineering.

Here are some photos of crfine88 's Racebrace as it gives an exact idea of what the Mason braces look like. If you haven't already, be sure to check out his AMAZING build thread here -> http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1303735 All credit goes to him on these pics! (Chris, please shoot me a PM if you'd rather I don't use your photos, I'll remove them immediately or can host elsewhere!)

The BEST part? The Mason Engineering brace is STILL AVAILABLE! The downside? The price. Mason charges $455 for the steel version of this bar (and a whopping $510 for the aluminum version). A tad more than the Strong Strut, but not too far off really...

This got me thinking - I know this is the strut bar I want to run and I'm sure other Z4M owners would see the benefit to this bar over the others. I contacted Mason engineering and as a starting point was able to secure a 10% discount if we can get together 5 more participants in the Group Buy (6 total, including me). Who knows, I may be able to chop that price down if we have enough participants.

So, is anyone interested?

This isn't yet an official group by but please only list interested if you realistically will put the cash up for this. I've run numerous successful group buys on other forums in the past but I know the Z4M market is relatively small and somewhat inactive. Still, I think there is a group of M owners who take pride in knowing they put high quality, highly functional parts on their car and this is the type of person I imagine would be interested in a group buy as such.

THE GOOD STUFF:
  • $455 - 10% DISCOUNT = $409.50! This is virtually the same price as the popular "Strong Strut" bar but superior in most ways.
  • Single piece design - no joints or connections that can flex under pressure [i.e. every other strut bar on the market!].
  • Powdercoated Gloss Black for durability. Maybe we can get an exclusive color for the GB? Who knows, just assume gloss black
  • High grade steel, welded construction.
  • MADE IN THE USA! Mason is known to have manufactured parts & prototypes for leading companies - his parts ooze quality.
  • Strut tower bars help reinforce shock tower mounting points to help will prevent cracking and fatigue at the tophat. This seems more common for E46 but there are many documented cases on the E85/E86!
  • Strut tower bars noticeably increase the rigidity in the E85 platform, according to other ZPost members. I'm hoping to confirm this firsthand via this group buy
  • I am not making a red cent from this group buy. I enjoy contributing to the forums & other Z owners when I can and always appreciate when others do the same.

*Note:
I think Mason may request measurements/details of your strut towers to best ensure a proper fit. Still, single piece strut bars can be a little finicky to install. Please note this, professional install may be required. However, the payoff should be worth the effort!

THE GB INTEREST LIST:
1. tiltmode43 - Alum or Steel
2. wss4
3. Vanne
4. crfine88 - Aluminum
5. rockstar93
6. Frank851 - Alum or Steel
7. SyruSur
8. GPower - Aluminum
9. djdcyphr - Aluminum
10. Ryan13 - Aluminum
11. Michael9218 - Alum or Steel
12. Shutterspeed - Alum or Steel

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 12-21-2016 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
crfine88442.00