Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnPaul View Post
I don't want to lower my car. I also don't want any stiffer settings, if anything I would prefer a little softer than stock Z4m coupe suspension. What options do people know of to get what I am looking for? Everything I find is lower and stiffer. Or are there coilover packages that will give me the range I am looking for?
What wheels/tires are you running and what pressures? 19" vs 18" vs 17" makes a big difference. 3-4 lbs inflation makes a big difference. Tire type makes a difference.

See this thread for more. Softening the Ride in Z4 Coupe https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1511580
I'm running stock wheel size, tire size and pressures. Not stock wheels, but all measurements are stock.

And to the other response advising to buy a Cadillac, I tip my hat to the trash talk. Lol. But I don't want anything dramatically different, I just don't want to be stiffer. I spend most of my driving time in the car downtown Toronto. The ground clearance is necessary, and most of the roads feel like they are hurting my car. For example, one bump has broken something in my suspension which I am looking at today. I find a mildly softer rear suspension takes most of the harshness out of the ride and might protect from breakage. I like the stiffness in the front for turn in though. My daily driver is a brz and I have owned 2 of them (2015 and 2017). My newer one had stiffer front and softer rear springs by a little bit and I loved the outcome of quicker turning but more rear end grip and better ride quality. If I could do that same thing to this car that would be awesome.

I heard the m roadster had softer springs. Should I just change to those in the rear then?
Appreciate 0