Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Tried to remove the trim pieces covering the battery but my screwheads are stripped and my socket/ratchet combo didn't seem quite tight or effective enough to get the job done.

Then noticed that the trunk light was off. Not sure if the battery just ran dead from being in Emergency mode overnight while the engine wasn't running or I did something trying to remove the panels (doubtful).

Anyway boosted the car using my 911 (grin, how ridiculous is that) and now it starts again. Radio and speakers are working; no more Emergency mode and SOS button is no longer flashing. But I noticed my DSC light is staying on as is the parking brake light. Hoping a few power cycles will clear it.

Car is now sitting in the garage with a battery charger attached. Will report more tomorrow or so.
Try turning your wheel lock to lock with the engine running to reset the steering angle sensor for the DSC and parking brake lights.
Thanks! I'll try that next time. Appears to have resolved itself over night after going for a drive and charging the battery. All seems good now, whew. Who wants to drive without the stereo
Appreciate 0