rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
My thoughts exactly. After driving it around the sound has grown on me. Thankfully it's a weekend toy so I think I can live with it. The drone is killing me though.
I've seen a number of things tried in hopes of reducing drone (silencers, exhaust mounts, etc.), but I think the only thing with moderate success is lining the trunk area with dynamat or welding in a helmholtz resonator, although the latter is muffler dependent as you might not always have room for that.

I have RPi mufflers paired with catless headers so I've basically given up on fighting that fight though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
Ordered a rap eliminator resonated section 1 from Status group for a very reasonable price! This should do the trick! [IMG][/IMG]
Wishing you the best, although I've heard nothing but bad things about the service from Status Gruppe over the last couple years. A lot of stories of them taking your money and not sending product for 6-12 months or longer, giving weak excuses along the way. I have heard that once you get what you bought the quality is good though.
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 1