View Single Post
      12-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

With the interior stripped, I carved up the dashboard to eliminate the duct work on the underside. With no heater box, I won’t be needing the ducts. For air flow, I did realize that the E86 pulls cabin air aft of the firewall but in front of the windshield. So I fabricated a panel to plug the hole and sourced a couple 2” hose mounts from Aircraft Spruce. I found some 2” flex tubing that I can route to push air to my feet and one shooting at my chest. Should feel good when the temps rise.

I also needed a dash panel for my auxiliary gauges to monitor oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and volts. I used the OEM dash panel to make a mold for a little carbon fiber layup. This dash panel will also provide a mount for the switches for the seat vent, cool suit, camera, and radiator fan.

For my seat I went with a Racetech 4009 HSR vented seat. I had this seat in my other car and really liked the fit, and the forced air vent. Since I won’t be needing a passenger seat, I moved the battery to the floor in the passenger area. I fabricated a rack to mount the battery and my cool suit.

Since I won’t be needing the door windows, I cut out the door panels and fabricated a new interior door handle mount.

I also fabricated a floor panel and dead pedal.

Appreciate 4
Mirko182.00
ried791.50
Vanne1620.50