View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 01:02 AM   #36
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

It sure is a mixed bag, to say I had zero issues would be a huge lie. Turners kit came to me with completely mis-matched part numbers, and like the dumbass that I am, I never checked them until my shop called me and told me the stuff didn't fit.

Checked em with turners part numbers, hang on, kit part numbers are correct..

Turns out that the kit matched the Z3m pressure plate to our car.. what a load of shit, as that part is out by .5 of a mill or even a bit less. the correct pressure plate for the HD kit is the e46 M3 pressure plate.

Who knew right..

anyways, after contacting Turners about it, I am not sure they have changed their kit, so if you have the HD clutch kit from them id be checking part numbers for sure.. It wasn't until I got the guy from JBracing to contact Turner, that they send me the correct pressure plate.

Then after it all got put together, on my 2nd open track out , blew the clutch plate.. production defect.. replaced for free by the manufacturer.. but had to drop the clutch and re-install...

so yeah to say hassle free would be a huge lie.. lol...

the throwout bearing that came with Turners kit was a piece of shit too..

I wouldn't recommend the HD kit, (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-8...-flywheel-kit/) id go for something from Tilton.

edit.. I just checked turners site for the parts list.. Jesus, still fucked it up. They have the z3m flywheel listed, but its the correct Z4m part (they listed it as a z3m flywheel, but its JB's z4m part) and then they have matched that up with all the Z3M parts... lol.. thats not gonna work. 520-180-240 is the Z4m flywheel part number.. the clutch plate listed will fit, but the pressure plate won't.. nice...