View Single Post
      06-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I also need recommendations. I am looking for something decent: 1 for home (must have motion sensor and wifi) and 1 for balcony (must have maybe 50 meters range on IR and wifi) to monitor my car on the parking lot from 4th floor. I dont need super clean images, just want to see if and who enters my condo and touches my car. I want to record 3 weeks to my full-time running PC or have builtin storage option, as well as alerts and live view via Android phone. So i dont need 1080p or even 720p maybe....
Will they both be inside, or outside? If inside, I'd recommend the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW. You can find a review here: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2236

I think the IR range is 30 meters, but it does have Wifi. All cameras these days will be 1080p or more. As far as recording is concerned, it'll record as much as you have available in hard drive space. You can use the software it comes with, or buy something like Blue Iris, XProtect, Sighthound, Exacq, etc. The Hikvision app is actually very slick for the iPhone, have not tried the Android version. The cameras will have dual streams, and the highest resolution one will be used for recording/PC. The secondary stream is what you'll get on your mobile devices.
Appreciate 0