United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick Webb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnrox250 View Post
65" Samsung Terrace Outdoor TV. Has been awesome with what little pool weather Texas has left.
Looked at those, but man, the price! Decided I was better off with $400 55" RCA w/Roku and a cover to keep the winter rains off of it. Sitting out in our (very mild) elements under cover of the eaves all summer might well result in its early demise. I figured even if it does I could replace the thing 6 times before I spent the same amount as I would on a similar Terrace. So far it's lasted two years, so we'll see.
Ya I know. It was a splurge, and I had friends who did very similar to you with a less expensive tv that you could buy ten over before a terrace, but they all said not loud enough and glare is an issue. My tv won't see much weather, but where it is with a heavy enough rain water can rush off that roof so did the "buy once, cry once". And I didn't need any kind of sound bar and there is no glare. You can see it at any angle. Texas gets hot, so was worried about overheating too. But two years on an indoor tv that lives outside. That's impressive.