View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
M-Power M3
Retrograde
Rep
Drives: Bagged Z4

|| My Build Thread: Retrograde - AirREX Bagged e85 Roadster ||

So I figured it was time to start a thread since I'm finally making real progress on the Z4 I picked up a few months ago. Reason for the delay was I was on the fence about selling it and getting back in a four door but I realized I would truly miss the roadster life. So for now a 4 door must wait. (hopefully till this coming summer coughbaggedCCcough).

I want to thank everyone that has helped with this project so far. My team who also happens to be my best friends/Fam. I know I can always count on them when I need help with my cars. Wing@Memory Fab, Euro Euro Enginuity, AirRex Suspension, Air Lift and I'm sure I'm missing some...

For reference here's my last project. Bagged Audi TT 225q.

Anyways here is the Z4 I picked up back at the beginning of summer. It's a 2005 2.5i 5 speed. Saphire Black on Imola red. The car overall was in great condition but definitely needed a little TLC so a lot of the stuff done is to bring it back to life.

The first week I bought the car I hit a turkey vulture on my way to work (I work out in the middle of nowhere at a winery). Fortunately it just cracked the grills and scuffed up the bumper but a week later as I was washing the car the windshield cracked. Thinking it was related.

So I ordered some things from ECS Tuning, who always is a pleasure to deal with.

Black grills

Racing Dash LED License plate lights

Significantly brighter than OEM. Pictures don't do them justice. It's a perfect 6500k color IMO.

(With my bagged Audi TT 225Q before I sold it)

I'm a lighting whore so I added some more stuff along with the racing dash LEDS. One thing I wanted to change was the old cracking (common roadster problem) clear third brake light with an OEM red one. Also de-badged the rear and sides.

Installed

I also changed the headlights to 8000k D2S and the fogs to 2500k Nokya's

Last edited by M-Power M3; 09-24-2014 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0