11-27-2018, 12:55 AM   #8
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Asking prices are all over the map. But buyers, like the cars themselves, are rare, so they don't always move very quickly. I recently went on the hunt for Z4MC #2 (I bought one new in 2007 and let it go in 2015, and had regretted it ever since) and got lucky and found the perfect car (for me) within days. I prefer bone stock (or very close to it), and non-nav and carbon leather trim were absolute musts for me. You would seem to be a bit more flexible if these 2 interest you, which should help make you search easier.

You can find decent drivers in the $25k range if you're patient. Nicer examples (lower mileage, fully documented history, etc) can run from $30k to the high 40's. Prices bottomed out about 2 years ago and are now on the rise.

That first example above seems like a pretty good buy if you're ok with the mods, and if the history checks out. The second one seems overpriced at that mileage.

Good luck with your search. Turn over every rock that you can. Most that are available turn up right there at z4mcoupebuyersguide.com, but not all - I found mine right here at zpost.com in the classifieds, buried 3 pages deep and not getting noticed. It was never listed anywhere else. Owner wasn't trying very hard to unload it because he wasn't sure he wanted to sell.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks for all the info. Leaning towards the one with lower mileage but we'll see from now till Jan. Want to wait out most of the winter here in California Bay area. Also, anyone have experience with car storage delivery? More than likely the car will be bought out of state.
Appreciate 0