View Single Post
      02-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
I get really excited about driving there but then I'm starting to think there is something in the back of my mind, a subconsious thing, that makes me nervous about it when it comes to registering etc. Probably has to do with the fact that my friend's Z4M Grand Am car got wrecked there, and we were there on crew to see it, and the wreck was really bad and it was tragic to lose the car on the last race of the season which was a home race, and I'd be driving the same kind of ride around there....you get the picture...evil thoughts - I must overcome!!

Have fun all! Hope the weather holds out. Do they allow spectators at these events? Maybe if I come watch it it will help with my weirdness about actually driving there. I've not admitted the weirdness issue before now, BTW....
I think Steve said they were hitting 170(?) on the back straight before they lost the brakes at the top of the 'Coaster. We won't be going quite that fast! Taking an extra set of rotors and pads, just in case!

In case y'all aren't aware of it, the CCA has coordinated a stated value track day insurance program for it's chapters' HPDEs. Cost for the weekend for me is ~$200--not cheap, but it sure takes the worry out of meeting Mr. Tire Wall in the climbing esses. You can link to the program and apply online, from the registration page on motorsport.reg.

No problem coming to watch. Just sign the waiver at the gate. I don't think you can do ride-alongs, though.
Appreciate 0